One Foot In....
Green Burial in Humboldt County:
Options and Aspirations
Have you ever considered green burial? With a green burial, the body is simply placed in a biodegradable coffin or shroud and buried. The goal is complete decomposition and the grave site is allowed to return to nature. Have you been wondering what your options are for a green burial in Humboldt County?
The Gift of Peace of Mind
Give this important gift to yourself. Make a good advance care plan for your future medical care that you want, taking the burden and uncertainty away from your family and loved ones about your wishes. Let them know how you want to be cared for matching your values and beliefs, before your life changes and you can no longer express your desires. Peace of mind is a precious gift you can give yourself.
Planning for My Death
What if you had to "step out" of your life today? Who knows:
· where you hide your extra set of keys
· when your bills are due and how they are paid, your bank accounts, retirement funds, healthcare and life insurance policies
· who provides your healthcare (doctors, alternative therapists, pharmacy…)
· how you want your last few hours to be spent
· if you have an Estate Plan or an Advance Healthcare Directive
· what you want done with your remains...
Brief Overview: End of Life Option Act
The End of Life Option Act is a California law that permits terminally ill adult patients, with the capacity to make medical decisions, to be prescribed an aid-in-dying medication if certain conditions are met. Signed into law by Governor Brown in October 2015, the law went into effect on June 9, 2016. California is the fifth state to enact an aid-in-dying law.